Thursday, September 4, 2014

Fifth Third Bank Dress

Fifth third bank was one of the main sponsors for Charlotte Fashion Week 2014. The event and fundraiser were held at Mercedes-Benz of Northlake.
I was one of the three designers asked to create a unique design from old materials from the bank.
·         tablecloths
·         t-shirts
·         gift bags
·         stickers
·         faux money
·         folders with logos
·         plastic straws
·         paper bags
·         styrofoam
·         colored paper

I found my inspiration from traditional Filipino dresses but I wanted to put a spin on the “traditional” aspect.  I wanted to add a sexy, yet elegant, look. I wanted to create an off the shoulder look and gloves to compliment the entirety of the dress. Eventually, I hand crafted a matching earring and necklace set to finalize the look.
Photography by Michael Burgan
My model, Genevieve M. Cordery, did an amazing job on the runway that evening. She did her own make-up and her hair was done by Paul Mitchell School. Her walk earned her the Charlotte Fashion Week 2014 Model of the Year award.

Model: Genevieve Cordery
Hair: Paul Mitchell School
MUA: Genevieve Cordery

Check out here walk here: https://youtu.be/R4T9xMyZTuE
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig