Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Royal Treat for Madison


Charlotte Fashion Week 2014 was a fundraising event benefiting Levine Children’s Hospital. I was honored and proud being one of those few designers who was asked to create an outfit for one of those former patients from the children’s hospital who were chosen to walk on the runway representing CMC Levine Children’s Hospital on September 3, 2014 at Mercedes-Benz of Northlake.
I was assigned to design a runway look for Madison Edwards, a 16-year old former patient at Levine. Though I only participated in the recyclable category, I wanted Madison to feel beautiful and elegant on the runway.
Since recyclable materials are usually hot and heavy, I decided to use fabric for her instead. She said she likes bright colors like hot pink and lime green. She also wanted to look little sexy, so I chose a royal purple fabric with an accent of hot pink flowers. Three big flowers in the front, one in the back, and another on her arm. Madison’s headpiece was made up of different colored flowers all bound into a band. I decided to show one of her shoulders to give the dress a modern look.
After the final fitting, Madison and I were asked to speak on the Ryan Seacrest show about the show and how it is benefiting the Levine Children’s Hospital.
On the night of the show, she looked so happy, excited and beautiful on the runway.


Model: Madison Edwards
Hair: Malou Cordery
MUA: Genevieve Cordery





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig